1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 Large Carrots, Sliced
15 oz. Fire Roasted Tomatoes (Muir Glen)
1 Tbs. Butter
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
4 Medium Red Potatoes, Peeled and Chopped
1 Cup Kale, Chopped
15 oz. White Northern Beans, Drained
15 oz. Chickpeas, Drained
12 oz. Chicken, Shredded
32 oz. Chicken Broth
1 Cup Half & Half
1. Sautee onions, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until fragrant
2. Add tomatoes and butter, continue to simmer.
3. Chop potatoes and kale, then add.
4. Pour in the beans, chickpeas, chicken, and broth.
5. Simmer in a crockpot on low 3-4 hours, until potatoes are tender
6. Allow half & half to warm to room temperature so as not to curdle, then pour gently into
the soup mixture.
7. Top with parmesan cheese and serve with homemade bread.
Macros Per Serving: Carbs 53g, Fat 12g, Protein 25g, Fiber 10g, 18% Calcium, 14% Iron,
712mg Potassium, 56% Vitamin A, 60% Vitamin C